Here we bring you Vincent's delicious Lemon Meringue Pie recipe! We didn't get a chance to take close-up pictures of Vincent's pie... it had already been devoured!
For 1 big pie or 6 individual servings:
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup butter
- a pinch of salt.
Cook the pastry covered with aluminium foil for 15 minutes at 350°F.
To Make the Lemon Filling:
- In medium saucepan bring to a boil 2 cups of water + 2 tablespoons butter.
- Meanwhile, mix together 2 tablespoons cornstarch, 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, 1 1/5 sugar, 4 egg yolks, the zest and juice of 2 lemons.
- Add this mix to the saucepan and continue to cook while stirring constantly until thick.
- Remove from heat and let it cool down. Pour filling into baked pastry shell.
To Make the Meringue:
- In a large glass or metal bowl, whip the 4 egg whites until foamy.
- Add 1 1/4 cups of sugar gradually and continue to whip until stiff peaks form.
- Spread meringue over pie, sealing the edges at the crust.
Bake in preheated oven at 200°F for 45 minutes, or until the meringue is golden brown. Leave to cool and then enjoy!
We hope you love this delicious lemon meringue recipe!