Be seduced by France Just For You's very special way of discovering the Loire Valley, its must sees and hidden beauties.
In this itinerary, you will experience the "sweet life" in Touraine, stopping over in little villages to savour goat cheese or taste amazing wines. Take the time to relax in rose gardens, or to enjoy the traditional cuisine in many small restaurants frequented by the locals.
based on double occupancy.
Step by step
Western Loire Valley
Pick up the rental car in Paris downtown or at CDG airport (or another location) and drive 3 hours to the gorgeous Loire region.
- Stay for the first 3 nights in a lively town between Saumur and Tours, along the Loire River, across the street from a gorgeous Middle Ages castle. At night, you can walk to one of the best restaurants of the whole region, relax in the courtyard or at a bistro terrace. Your hosts have restored the house very tastefully and will make you feel at home.
- Stroll Langeais medieval town or Villandry gardens enjoying the quietness of the wilder Loire.
Southern Loire Valley
- You will spend the following 4 nights of your journey comfortably settled in a beautiful historic home nestled in a lively town, by the river. Your host will be happy to make many recommendations about wineries, wine bars or restaurants to experience the Touraine sweet life.
- Located on the banks of the Vienne River, you will jump back to the Medieval times and learn about Joan of Arc history. At night, one of the best restaurant in the region is less than a 1-minute-walk.
- One day, let the owner of a 12th century abbey guide you in this amazing and totally off the beaten tracks historical site. A great experience. You will also wander off the beaten path into tiny villages stretched along the Vienne and Loire rivers and get a taste of French gastronomy in restaurants and local markets we have tested for you.
Eastern Loire Valley
- Your next stop will be in the heart of the medieval city of Loches. Spend 2 nights in a very comfortable house - built against the old walls - that used to be a post house. From there, explore Montrésor, one of the "most beautiful villages of France"; and many other places away from the crowds.
- One day, cruise along the Loire river as a passenger aboard a vintage sidecar : explore the little towns and enjoy the landscapes.
- Touraine is also famous for its vineyards – Chinon, Bourgueil, Vouvray and many more – and we have planned that you spend a half-day wine tasting with a professional. He will drive you to several cellars so you can enjoy the diversity of the Loire Valley wines.
Northern Loire Valley
- On your way back to Paris, treet yourself with the last 3 nights in a luxury privatly owned castle, 5 miles to Chambord Unesco Renaissance castle.
- You will stay in a comfortable room which may have original frescos dating back to 1620 on the walls (for the early birds) and also enjoy a vast park, tennis court and a huge swimming pool. In the evening, enjoy a drink in one of the many "salons" where you will always feel welcome.
- Included in this itinerary is an Electric Bike rental for a day. You will explore, at your own pace, several villages and castles. No worries, the road along the Loire river is totally flat!
We hope you are ready for this great immersion into French culture!
Vintage Sidecar Tour
Cruise along the Loire river as a passenger aboard a vintage sidecar : explore the little towns and enjoy the landscapes
Wine Tasting Tour
Spend a half-day wine tasting with a professional. He will take you to several cellars so you can enjoy the diversity of the Loire Valley wines.
Guided Tour of a 12th c. Abbey
Get totally off the beaten track and explore each nook and cranny of this 12th century jewel. The owner, who will guide you, is passionate about local history and is totally dedicated to the conservation of this site.
Biking day in the castle's country
Spend a day on an Electric Bike at your own pace and discover many castles nestled in the nature. Enjoy a nice picnic with wine. We have tested several itineraries so you can chose depending on your mood and what you would like to see.