This itinerary will take you from Paris, the city of lights, to Provence in two different locations, and end in the French Riviera. Perfect to relax & get some sun !
based on double occupancy.
Step by step
Paris - The city of lights
- Start your trip living the Parisian life for 4 nights. Comfortably accommodated in a charming 4* boutique-hotel in the Saint Germain district, you will discover the French capital city’s must sees and hidden beauties.
- Being based less than 10 minute walk to Notre Dame Cathedral, you can explore Paris by foot, by boat or using public transportation with different and unique itineraries we have planned for you. We also recommend our favorite restaurants and boulangeries in different districts of the city so you’ll know where to take a break.
- To get oriented in Paris, we plan for you to take a guided tour on a bike, following a Parisian guide. Those who are not interested in biking can also take a walking tour.
Provence, from its heart
- On the 5th day, you will take a high speed train for about 2hr30 to Avignon, in the heart of Provence. You will pick up your rental car at the train station and drive 45 minutes to your first B&B. You will spend 4 nights in a typical Provencal stone house, perfectly located to explore Avignon and Isle sur la Sorgue (famous for its antiques). Your hostess and her family will welcome you warmly and give you hints and tips about the surrounding area.
- You will stay in a very comfortable room equipped with a small kitchen and you can relax from a long day in a jacuzzi or the lush garden.
- So many things to see in less than an hour's drive from your B&B: beautiful Avignon, also referred to as “the City of Popes”, where you can visit the Palace of the Popes, the well-preserved ramparts and the famous “Avignon Bridge”. You will enjoy hilltop villages on market day and walking in the footsteps of famous painters such as Cézanne or Picasso. We will also tell you about some hidden jewels, off the beaten track villages where you will stroll around charming streets or have a drink of pastis at a provencal café with the locals. We can also recommend a farmer’s market and wine cellar for each day of the week!
- If you are interested in history, don’t miss the Roman ruins at Arles, Orange and the Pont du Gard. We will also take you to smaller sites – less famous and much quieter.
Provence, from the Aix en Provence area
- On the 9thday, head South to Aix en Provence where you will spend 3 nights in a comfortable mill house in the heights above Aix, but in a very quiet and secluded area. From your B&B, you will explore the whole Southern Provence area: from the Luberon hilltop picturesque towns, to the calanque creeks near Cassis, from Arles to the Alpilles region including Saint Remy de Provence and Van Gogh's preferred landscapes. Your charming hosts will welcome you very warmly.
- You will explore a family-owned olive oil mill in the slopes of Luberon, with breathtaking views. In a private tour, you will learn the whole olive oil farming process from the tree to the bottle, and you will be surprised by the different tastes in the various oils.
- You will be introduced to the local game, la Pétanque, with Jean-Marc who was born and raised here. You will play in a lovely town and enjoy some rosé wine: a tradition.
The Riviera, from Nice, by the sea
- On the 12th day, take a 3 hr drive and you will be on the French Riviera. Your last stop will be in Nice, in a gorgeous suite-room located 300 yards from the Promenade des Anglais and the beach. Wander about the narrow alleyways of the old city and visit the many famous art museums. You can also go shopping and enjoy views of the Mediterranean in seaside restaurants from Monte Carlo to Antibes.
- In Nice, a lovely guide will take you to her best addresses in the old city to discover the Niçoise food & wine specialities, as well as the history of this dynamic town.
- Nature is always within reach, with many hiking trails, biking tours or natural rock climbing opportunities, in spectacular sceneries. And since you know how to play Pétanque now, don't hesitate to jump into a game with the locals - they play everywhere in the Riviera!
- To save time and energy, we recommend to our travelers to fly out of Nice or Marseille International Airports. If you wish, you can also start the trip in Southern France and end in Paris.
This is a perfect trip to discover Paris, Provence and the Riviera!
Paris Bike Tour
Spend about 4hrs with a Parisian who will have you discover his city on a bike, with a group of max.10 travelers. For those who don't like biking, you can also take a walking tour.
Olive Oil Farm in Luberon
Explore a family owned olive oil mill in the slopes of Luberon, with breathtaking views. In a private tour, you will be explained the whole olive oil farming process from the tree to the bottle.
Pétanque Class in Provence
Enjoy a fun Petanque class in one of the loveliest towns in Provence, with Jean Marc - who was born and raised there.
Riviera Food & Wine Tour
Let your lovely hostess take you to her best addresses in the old city to discover the Niçoise food & wine specialities.