Nothing says Christmas like the smell of cinnamon and other spices. And nothing keeps you warmer as you stroll the French Christmas markets than a "vin chaud," so here's our recipe to enjoy in your home, smells, warmth and Christmas twinkle.
For 6 people:
- 1 bottle of red wine (like Pinot noir)
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- some lemon and orange zests
- 1 stick of cinnamon
- 1 star anise
- 2 cloves
- a short piece of fresh ginger
- a pinch of grated nutmeg
- orange slices for decoration
- Add all the ingredients except the orange slices into a pot and bring to a gentle boil for 5 minutes.
- Take out the spices, and serve hot, adding an orange slice to each glass for decoration.
Delicious vin chaud - © Pixabay