This itinerary will take you from South to North, following some of the most typical and beautiful scenic roads in France.
We recommend flying into Marseille airport.
based on double occupancy.
Step by step
Southern Provence near Aix
- Start your trip with 3 nights in a lively town between Aix en Provence and the Luberon hills. You will be comfortably settled in the former school which was entirely renovated by your hosts. Walk to restaurants and enjoy a terraced garden with gorgeous views to the town's roofs. Very Provençal !
- One night, enjoy a convivial dinner at your B&B, by the fountain.
- You will explore the landscapes which inspired so many painters including Cezanne, stroll Aix en Provence's little streets and why not spend a day by the sea in Cassis and the surrounding creeks?
- One day, enjoy a fun Petanque class in one of the loveliest towns in Provence, with Jean Marc, who was born and raised there. A very Provençal experience!
Provence Sweet Life
- Then, drive towards North and the Avignon region where you will stay for 3 nights in a very typical Provençal mas, in a hidden valley, at the foot of Mont Ventoux. There, you will enjoy the farniente and be perfectly located to explore Provence away from the beaten paths.
- You will discover the Roman heritage in Provence: Orange arch, Pont du Gard bridge and enjoy the scenic drives in the Luberon & Vaucluse hills.
Biarritz & the Basque Country
- On the 7th day, you will drive all the way to the South West of France and reach the Atlantic coast. You will stay for 5 nights in a lavishly decorated former farmhouse, between Biarritz and Saint-Jean de Luz.
- We will craft your days so you get a feel of everything the Basque culture has to offer, and there is a lot! Taste the local Bayonne ham after strolling a valley and discovering the traditional and still alive mountain pig farming, get acquainted with the Basque weaving tradition, try to make your own Basque cake or stroll one of the many farmers markets.
- Several “most beautiful villages of France” will be on your scenic drives – and you may see some locals playing the Basque Pelote game at the town’s fronton. Nature and outdoors lovers will enjoy endless walks and hikes in the Pyrenees foothills.
Dordogne: prehistory, fortresses & ducks
- In Black Perigord, you will stay in an old stone Perigord style house for 5 nights. One night you will share a mouth-watering dinner with your hosts Nat & her husband as well as fellow travelers.
- Dordogne is famous for the prehistoric caves in Lascaux and we'll recommend to you a much more intimate visit: we plan for you to step back to the prehistoric time, in a 20,000-year-old painted cave - access is limited to only 40 people per day.
- There is a lot to do in this region: medieval castles to visit, wonderful food to taste - we'll tell you where to find the most typical goat cheeses - and if you like outdoor activities, you'll be in paradise. Also, visit the old city of Sarlat and feel the buzz of activity on market days.
The Loire Valley: castle & king country
- Spend the next 5 nights in a lively town between Saumur and Tours, along the Loire River, across the street from a gorgeous middle ages castle. At night, you can walk to one of the best restaurants in the whole region, relax in the house's patio or at a bistro terrace. Your hosts have restored the house very tastefully and they will make you feel at home.
- Travel through small villages lost between rolling hills, stop over for wine tastings or to wander about outdoor markets and savor local specialties.
- Explore all the marvels of the Loire Valley: the castles of Chambord and Chenonceau, Chaumont gardens and the historic city of Amboise. You will also explore, at your own pace, several villages and castles such as Langeais and Villandry gardens.
- Touraine is also famous for its vineyards – Chinon, Bourgueil, Vouvray and many more – and we have planned a special wine tasting. You will have the opportunity to taste different wines - in a privately owned 16th century castle - accompanied by some local snacks.
Ah . . . Paris!
- On the 22nd day, you will drive back to Paris and return the car by the ring road (to avoid driving inside the city).
- Experience living the Parisian life. Comfortably accommodated for 4 nights in a charming boutique-hotel in a pedestrian street of "Quartier Latin", less than a 5 minute walk to Notre Dame Cathedral, you will discover the French capital city’s must sees and hidden beauties.
- We plan for you to get oriented with a Parisian guide for a half-day, discover Paris most famous buildings along the Seine river and get to learn a lot about French culture and history while having a lot of fun.
- Being based 10-minute walk to Notre Dame Cathedral, you can explore Paris by foot, by boat or using public transportation with different and unique itineraries we have prepared for you. We also recommend our favorite restaurants and boulangeries in different districts of the city so you’ll know where to take a break.
We will do our utmost for you to have the best time in our country !
Pétanque Class in Provence
Enjoy a fun Petanque class in one of the loveliest towns in Provence, with Jean Marc - who was born and raised there.
Walk back on the prehistoric men footsteps, in 20,000 year old painted caves - access is limited to 40 person per day.
A Wine Tasting in a castle in the Loire
Visit a family-owned 16th century castle and winery surrounded by over 100 acres of vineyards and forests.
Enjoy a commented tasting of the wines with some local-product snacks.
Paris Orientation Tour
Discover Paris most famous buildings along the Seine river and get to learn a lot about French culture and history...having a lot of fun.