“Biscuits roses de Reims” are a specialty of the Champagne area. They are light, crunchy finger-shaped cookies and are amongst the oldest cookies in France. The Maison Fossier has been making them since 1691.
You may dip them into a glass of Champagne to enjoy, but I like turning them into beautiful pink truffles, making them a perfect treat for Valentine’s Day.
Photo : Pink biscuits from Reims
- 1 cup crushed Pink Biscuits
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ cup + 3 tablespoons softened butter
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon rum
- Powdered sugar
- Mix the butter and the crumbs, then add the egg yolk and rum, and finally the biscuit crumb. Mix well – the batter will be rather thick.
- Place the batter in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Form the truffles in little balls, about the size of a walnut shell, and roll each one in the powdered sugar.
Enjoy with a glass of Champagne!
- Laura Crotet, France Just For You