Explore and fully experience two "very French" regions, both famous for their gastronomy, wines, beautiful landscapes and very rich heritage.
based on double occupancy.
Step by step
Burgundy, from Dijon to Beaune
- From Paris, drive about 3 hours to Beaune, Burgundy where you will spend the first 4 nights of your trip. You will reside 2 minutes on foot from the famous Hospices, right next to Beaune's ramparts, in a old toll house dating from the Middle Ages when people had to pay to enter the city, which has been tastefully restored.
- Enjoy being able to walk everywhere while staying in this quiet B&B nestled in a cool garden. We'll tell you where to go for the best wine tasting in Beaune. After that, you can savor a traditional Burgundy meal or buy a picnic at the market to enjoy in the nearby park.
- Sébastien, a real passionate, will take you for half a day on a 4-wheel drive to tour around Burgundy vineyards, following itineraries that no other tour can do. You will taste wines directly at the winery and ride over dirt roads in Nuits Saint Georges and Vosne Romanée. Sébastien is very friendly and you will feel like a relative he wants to show his favorite places.
- Apart from the vineyards, we will show you how to exit the beaten track and discover the authentic and charming Burgundy. Winding roads leading to tiny timeless villages - some of them "Most Beautiful Villages of France" - will give you a real feel for this region. Taste some local cheeses, the "Epoisse" at the cheese factory or uncover the mysteries of the famous Ducs de Bourgogne in Dijon.
The Loire Valley sweet life
- On the 5th day, you will drive 4 hours to the Loire Valley – we will recommend a nice stop. In the Loire Valley, experience the "sweet life", stopping over in little villages to savor goat cheese or taste wines. Take the time to relax in rose gardens, or to enjoy the traditional cuisine in many small restaurants frequented by the locals.
- You will stay for the following 4 nights in the outbuildings of a disappeared monastery dating back to the 14th century. Your charming hosts know this region very well and will be happy to share some tips with you. One evening, you will share a delicious home-cooked dinner, prepared by Monsieur. Do not miss the aperitif in the underground vaulted cellar!
- Located on the south banks of the Vienne River, this charming B&B is within short driving distance of Chinon and Saumur, beautiful historic towns. Touraine is also famous for its vineyards – Chinon, Bourgueil, Vouvray, Amboise and many more. You will visit a Chinon winery run by a charming couple who come from generations of winegrowers, then enjoy a commented tasting with some very local specialties.
- For the last 4 nights of your trip, stay in the northeastern part of the Loire Valley near the most famous castles of the region. Located near Amboise and Chenonceau, you will be away from the crowds, in a green valley. At night, relax in the lovely garden or have dinner with your hosts and fellow travelers. We will tell you how to see the musts like Chambord castle while avoiding the crowds and also recommend some places and restaurants away from the beaten paths.
- Included in this itinerary is an electric bike rental for a day. You will explore, at your own pace, the nature, villages and castles along the river. No worries, the path along the Loire river is totally flat!
- One day, your hostess will teach you how to cook some regional dishes - which you will then savor around a big table at a convivial dinner.
On your last day, you can drive back to Paris (3hrs) or to CDG airport (3hr30). We will arrange for you to drop off the car at the most convenient location based on your next destination. For those who don't want to drive, we can also arrange for the TGV high speed train.
Heritage, vineyards, delicious food and markets,
bienvenue en France !
Burgundy Wine Tasting
Spend a half-day with Seb who will drive you in his 4WD in the back tracks and the dirt roads of Burgundy vineyards. He will take you like a friend would do to several wineries in some of the most famous vineyards in the world.
A Winery Visit & Tasting in Chinon
Visit a Chinon winery run by a charming couple who come from generations of winegrowers.
Enjoy a commented tasting of the wines with some local-product snacks.
Biking day in the castle's country
Spend a day on an Electric Bike at your own pace and discover many castles nestled in the nature. Enjoy a nice picnic with wine. We have tested several itineraries so you can chose depending on your mood and what you would like to see.
Loire Cooking Workshop
Spend a late afternoon with Valérie who trained in gastronomic restaurants. You will prepare a main course and a dessert, then you'll enjoy a savory dinner with your hosts.