Discover French gastronomy in three regions famous the world over for their food and wines. Burgundy and the Loire Valley are actually arguing about where Coq au Vin was first invented. Burgundy is famous for wine sauce and the Loire Valley for river fish, fruits and goat cheese. And of course Paris is heaven to gourmets! You’ll find the best boulangeries in the world in Paris, and the food markets are amazing.
based on double occupancy.
Step by step
A Few Days in Paris
- This itinerary starts in Paris but if you wish, we can easily turn it around. For the first 2 nights of your trip, you will be living the Parisian life. Comfortably accommodated in a charming boutique-hotel in a quiet street of the bustling Marais district, you will discover the French capital city’s must sees and hidden beauties.
- For a half-day, follow a private guide in the heart of Paris to get oriented and learn more about the history, art, culture or architecture. We will taylor-make your program based on your wishes.
- Ideally based less than 10 minute walk to Notre Dame Cathedral, you will explore Paris by foot, by boat or using public transportation with different and unique itineraries we have prepared for you. We also recommend our favorite restaurants and patisseries in different districts of the city so you’ll know where to take a break.
- On the 3rd day, you will pick up your rental car at the closest agency from the hotel and drive 3 hours to Burgundy. We will recommend a gorgeous castle on your way.
- In Burgundy, you will reside for 3 nights in a beautiful B&B house owned by a wine maker family and located in one of Burgundy's most famous wine towns. Situated in the heart of Burgundy, near Beaune, this is the perfect place to learn about the local wines. Explore all the major vineyards of the region and have a chance to taste red and white wines among the best in the world, directly at the winery!
- To discover the Burgundy vineyard trails, we plan for you to spend an afternoon on a bike to discover Burgundy wines. You will make several stops on the way to taste wine at smaller wineries.
- We will provide you with all detailed itineraries to discover the authentic and charming Burgundy. This region is much more than the vineyards: winding roads leading to tiny timeless villages - some of them "Most Beautiful Villages of France" - will give you a real feel for this region. Taste some local cheeses, the "Epoisse" at the cheese factory or stroll around Beaune from the cellars to the ramparts.
The Loire Valley Castles & Gardens
- On the 6th day, you will drive for 4 hours to the Loire Valley where you will spend the last 4 nights of this itinerary. Stay in a charmingly restored townhouse, in the heart of a very lively town in the Loire Valley. From here, you can walk everywhere including to Leonardo Da Vinci's final dwelling.
- Discover the marvels of the Loire Valley: we will give you tips for visiting Chambord or Chenonceau castles away from the crowds. We will also recommend smaller castles and hidden places, less famous and with a lot of history and beautiful settings. If you like gardens, don’t miss Chaumont or Villandry.
- Touraine is also famous for its vineyards – Chinon, Bourgueil, Vouvray and many more – and we have planned a special wine tasting. You will have the opportunity to taste different wines - in a privately owned 16th century castle - accompanied by some local specialties.
- You will also wander off the beaten path into tiny villages and get a taste of French gastronomy in restaurants and local markets we have tested for you.
- On your last day, you can drive 3hrs back to downtown Paris or 3hr30 to CDG Paris International Airport.
Strong or lighter wines, cow and goat cheeses, pastries, chocolate, farmers markets . . . this itinerary will delight food lovers!
Paris Private Walking Tour
For a half-day, follow a private guide in the heart of Paris to get oriented and learn more about the history, art, culture or architecture. We will taylor make your program based on your wishes.
Burgundy Wine & Bike Tour
Spend an afternoon with a guide who will take you wine tasting in Côte de Beaune famous vineyards...and wineries of course.
A Wine Tasting in a castle in the Loire
Visit a family-owned 16th century castle and winery surrounded by over 100 acres of vineyards and forests.
Enjoy a commented tasting of the wines with some local-product snacks.