Galettes are for savory crepes and are made from buckwheat flour. You can put anything you want into a galette.
The "Complète" is an egg, a slice of ham and some cheese; or you can go fancy with scallops and some cream and mushrooms.
Ingredients for 10 galettes
- 2-1/2 cups buckwheat flour
- 3 cups water
- 1-1/2 t salt
- 1 egg
Directions to make Galettes :
- Whisk the ingredients until the dough is smooth with no lumps. Let it rest for 1 hour.
- Heat your crepe pan to hot and melt a little butter in it. Pour a thin layer of dough and spread it out so it covers the pan. Cook for about 30 seconds on each side.
- Lower the heat and add the fillings. Fold the galette in half, or each side up to still see a little of the fillings.
- If you want to serve all the galettes at once, keep the finished ones in the oven (140°F).
All galettes can be enjoyed with traditional hard Breton cider.