From the landing sites in Normandy to Mont Saint Michel on to Brittany ending in the Loire Valley, this itinerary will have you discover all the history, traditions and gastronomy of the North-West of France.
based on double occupancy.
Step by step
- We can plan for you to pick up the rental car where it suits you best: Paris, CDG Airport...just let us know
- Start your itinerary with 3 nights tasting the Norman quietness in a charming manor from the 11th century. Jump into the Middle-Ages, but enjoying all the modern amenities...and amazing breakfasts cooked by your lovely hostess.
- Perfectly located between Bayeux and the WWII beaches, you will get a real feel for the Norman history there from William the Conqueror to the Second World War.
- For your to better understand the WWII history, we include a half day with a private guide. We will tailor make your visit based on the sites you are interested in: Juno area for the Canadian army, Gold beach for the British army and Utah / Omaha for the American landing.
- Continue your itinerary for 2 nights along the bay of Mont St Michel. Your B&B is located half-way between the famous Mont Saint Michel village and the lovely port of Saint Malo.
- Here you will enjoy a village that lives in symbiosis with the bay - oyster farmers at work, nice walks along the dyke of the bay, etc.
- Your lovely hosts are proud of their breton heritage and share this via their nice homemade “breton” breakfast. You will also enjoy a delicious fish/seafood evening meal.
- We plan for you to explore Mont saint Michel village and Abbey with a private guide to get away from some of the crowds. We’ll also give you some tips to discover the typical villages and ports in eastern Brittany.
- Keep driving West to Nothern Brittany where you will spend 3 nights in a charming typical stone “longère”, nestled in a lovingly tended garden between the Pink Granite coast and Bréhat island.
- Your adorable hosts will put all their hearts into making sure you have a wonderful stay and enjoy their beloved region.
- From here, you are perfectly located to enjoy northern Brittany’s Pink Granite Coast’s dramatic landscapes, explore gorgeous privately-owned gardens, walk along the coastal “customs” trail and taste savory crepes and seafood !
- Cross Brittany from North to South and reach the Morbihan Gulf where you will spend the next 2 nights, in a comfortable modern home, in the region of the Carnac megalithic site.
- The view is amazing of the Gulf and some of its islands, whether you are in your room, the guest salon, or the vast garden. Your host is from the region, and he comes from a family of oyster farmers.
- Visit old towns like Vannes and Pont Aven, walks along the coast directly from the B&B garden, outings on the water or exploring some of the Gulf’s islands.
- Explore Carnac megaliths following a local guide, on a segway: a great way to visit the entire site which spreads over 4 hectares.
- Discover the Loire Valley region, comfortably settled in a beautiful historic home nestled in a lively town, by the river. Your host will be happy to make many recommendations about wineries, wine bars or restaurants to experience the Touraine sweet life.
- You will spend the following 3 nights of your journey comfortably settled in a beautiful historic home nestled in a lively town, by the river. Your host will be happy to make many recommendations about wineries, wine bars or restaurants to experience the Touraine sweet life.
- Located on the banks of the Vienne River, you will jump back to the Medieval times and learn about Joan of Arc history. At night, one of the best restaurant in the region is less than a 1-minute-walk.
- Visit a Chinon winery run by a charming couple who come from generations of winegrowers. Enjoy a commented tasting of the wines with some local-product snacks.
- On your way back to Paris, treat yourself with the last 2 nights in a luxury privately owned castle, 5 miles to Chambord Unesco Renaissance castle.
- You will stay in a comfortable room which may have original frescos dating back to 1620 on the walls (for the early birds) and also enjoy a vast park, tennis court and a huge swimming pool. In the evening, enjoy a drink in one of the many "salons" where you will always feel welcome.
- You can return the car rental where it is the most convenient to you: Paris, CDG Airport, .... just let us know.
Private Guide on the WWII sites
Spend a half day with a private guide who will customize the itinerary to your wishes and interests. A must do to better understand what happened on D-Day.
Mont Saint Michel Private Tour
Discover this unique village and its Abbey with a local guide who will explain you about its history and traditions. She will take you to many small streets to see places that tourist usually don't see.
Carnac Segway Tour
Get on a guided Segway ride to explore Carnac 6000 years old menhirs.
A Winery Visit & Tasting in Chinon
Visit a Chinon winery run by a charming couple who come from generations of winegrowers.
Enjoy a commented tasting of the wines with some local-product snacks.