Serves 4 people
- 4 smoked sausages (not too big, if possible). If you can find a Morteau sausage, then buy for 1 for 2-3 people
- 400g of podded green peas (fresh peas are a much, much better option than frozen)
- Smoked pork chest, which you cut into big “lardons” bacon strings
- 2 red onions
- 2 carrots
- 3-4 bay leaves
- In your cast iron cocotte dish, brown the onions, the sausages, bacon and carrots until it has a nice smell and color.
- Add the bay leaves, peas and about ½ liter of water, salt and pepper.
- Let it cook on the stove half-covered for about 20-30 minutes (until the peas are cooked).
This is an excellent comforting meal!