From the Atlantic coastline to the Mediterranean Sea – experience the South of France diversity.
based on double occupancy.
Step by step
From the heart of the Basque Country
- Start your trip for 6 nights in a gorgeous Basque Country villa. The B&B is located 3 miles from the beach but in a very quiet landscaped garden.
- From there, you will discover the seaside from St Jean de Luz to Biarritz and also take trips to Spain, which is about 1hr drive.
- As an introduction to this region, follow a local guide in Biarritz. He will give you the keys to his city and to the Basque culture: so you will understand about the Basque language and the traditions and festivals such as Pelote or Basque Force. You will end this tour at the covered market, tasting some Basque produces: cheese, hams, wines, jams and much more.
- We will craft your days so you get a feel of everything the Basque culture has to offer, and there is a lot: taste the local “Bayonne hams” after strolling a valley discovering the traditional and still alive mountain pig farming, get acquainted with the Basque weaving tradition, try to make your own Basque cake or stroll one of the many farmers markets.
- Several “most beautiful Villages of France” will be on your scenic drives – and you may witness there some locals playing the Basque Pelote game at the town’s fronton. Nature and outdoors lovers will enjoy endless walks and hikes in the Pyrenees foothills, occasional walkers will relax on the walks along the beaches and enjoy a coffee at a terrace watching surfers.
The Cathar Country
- Carcassonne and the Cathar country are the perfect stop on the way to Provence. Carcassonne medieval “Cité” will amaze you by its size and conservation. You will reside in a cozy B&B, by the walls of the cite, walking distance to all sightseeing and restaurants – but away from the tourist crowds.
- In the Cathar country, walkers/hikers will be rewarded with breathtaking landscapes and fortresses such as Quéribus or Perpeytuse. History lovers will be passionate by the Cathar history. Wine lovers may be surprised by the quality of the “Minervois” wines which have improved a lot in the past 10 years. They are now on the wine list of some of the most famous restaurants in the world.
- On the 9th day, you will drive about 2hr30 along the Mediterranean Sea to get to Provence.
- You will reside in a comfortable and quiet B&B for 5 nights on the island of Avignon. This place is nestled in a nice garden where you will enjoy relaxing by the pool only 15 minute walk to the heart of Avignon old city. Your Hosts know the region very well and she will be happy to give you some advice if you'd like.
- So many things to see in less than an hour's drive from your B&B: beautiful Avignon, also referred to as “the City of Popes”, where you can visit the palace of the Popes, the well-preserved ramparts and the famous “Avignon Bridge”.
- Strolling hilltop villages on market day, walking on the footsteps of famous painters such as Cézanne or Picasso. We will also tell you about some hidden jewels - villages, off the beaten track where you will stroll around charming streets or have a drink at a provencal café with locals. We can also recommend a farmer’s market and wine cellar for each day of the week!
- One day, we will take you to a place you could not find on your own…lost in Provence mountains, in a very private wine estate. There, you will take a tour to the winery, then enjoy a wine tasting followed by a nice picnic in the vineyards. A very romantic time.
- End your trip with 3 nights in the heights of Aix-en-Provence, still inside the town of Aix, but in a very quiet setting surrounded by the waters. You will be comfortably settled in a typical “mill house”, surrounded by a lush garden with a swimming pool. From the B&B, you explore the landscapes which inspired so many painters including Cezanne.
- Spend about 2hrs looking for truffles in the Luberon hills with a lovely couple, then taste several appetizers made of truffle with a glass of Champagne.
Perfect trip to enjoy the sweet life in Southern France!
A Private Guide to introduce you to the Basque culture
Follow a local guide in Biarritz, by the Ocean. He will give you the keys to his city and to the Basque culture. You will end this tour at the covered market, tasting some Basque produces: cheese, hams and wines.
Wine Tasting & Picnic in a very private Estate
Explore a very private wine estate, lost in the hills of Provence. You will enjoy a tour of the estate followed by a wine tasting, then have a picnic lunch in the vineyards. A very special place you would not find on your own.
Truffle Hunt & Tasting
Spend about 2hrs looking for truffles in the Luberon hills with a lovely couple, then taste several appetizers made of truffle with a glass of Champagne.