As temperatures rise, it's time to enjoy a delicious and refreshing midsummer beverage that captures the essence of France! With lemons that give it the flavor of the French Riviera and lavender that transports you to the sun-kissed fields of Provence, you may well close your eyes and imagine you're in the south of France!
- 1 cup of fresh lemon juice (you'll need 4-6 lemons)
- 4 cups of cold water
- 1/2 cup of granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons of culinary lavender buds
- Ice cubes
- Fresh lavender sprigs
- Lemon slices
- In a small saucepan, mix the sugar, 1 cup of water, and the culinary lavender buds. Heat the mixture over a medium heat until it is gently simmering, stirring occasionally until the sugar has dissolved. Remove from heat and let it steep for 10-15 minutes.
- Strain the mixture into a pitcher and discard the lavender buds.
- Add the lemon juice to the pitcher with the three remaining cups of cold water and stir well.
- Taste the lemonade and add more sugar if needed.
- Leave it in the refrigerator to chill for at least 1 hour.
- When ready to serve, serve with ice.
- If you would like to add garnish, add a slice of lemon and a sprig of lavender.
- Sip and savor the refreshing flavors of fresh lavender lemonade - and imagine a serene summer day in the French countryside!