Uncover every hideaway and detail of the Loire Valley and Bordeaux UNESCO heritage sites. Taste typical regional food at your hosts’ table and stay at Bed & Breakfasts with unique atmospheres.
based on double occupancy.
Step by step
The Loire Valley Castles & Gardens
- From Paris, drive about 3 hours and spend the first 3 nights in a lovely B&B nestled in a green valley. You are located between Amboise and Chenonceau and will enjoy a warm welcome from your lovely hostess, who is also a great cook. For you to discover the local gastronomy, you will spend a late afternoon cooking with her some typical Loire Valley recipes - then you will enjoy a convivial dinner at your hosts' table.
- From here, explore all the marvels of the Loire Valley: the castles of Chambord and Chenonceau, Chaumont or Villandry gardens and the old city of Amboise. Included in this itinerary is an Electric Bike rental for a day. You will explore, at your own pace, the nature, villages and castles along the river. No worries, the path along the Loire river is totally flat!
- On the 4th day, you will follow the Loire River downstream to your second B&B where you will stay 4 nights. You will enjoy its location in a lively town between Saumur and Tours, across the street from a gorgeous middle ages castle. At night, you can walk to one of the best restaurants in the whole area, relax in the house's charming courtyard or at a bistro terrace. Your hosts have restored the house very tastefully and will make you feel at home.
- Travel through small villages nestled in rolling hills, stop over for wine tastings or to wander about outdoor markets and savor local specialties.
Bordeaux Wines & History
- Your tour continues on to the Bordeaux region for 5 nights inside the gates of Bordeaux UNESCO city, a wonder of the 17th century. Stay in a typical reconverted and charming chai (wine cellar), in the heart of the lively up-and-coming district of Bordeaux Unesco city - walking distance to restaurants and nice quality shops. You will be welcomed by a lovely hostess, in a peaceful atmosphere.
- Built along the banks of the Garonne river, the opulent merchants' homes are very specific to Bordeaux. The rise of colonial trade together with the growth of the wine industry contributed to the amazing expansion of the Gironde region during the 18th century. You will find everything: from the museums to the bustling night life in Bordeaux. Also, bear in mind that Bordeaux's Sainte Catherine Street is the longest shopping street in Europe
- From here, you are perfectly located to tour the whole region: Saint Emilion, the Medoc vineyards and the Arcachon basin.
- In a famous wine estate, we have planned a special private tour for you: after visiting the estate from the vineyards to the cellars, learning about the different grape varieties and wine-making process, you will enjoy a picnic lunch and tasting in a gorgeous setting.
- On your last day, you have several options: you can return the rental car in Bordeaux and take a TGV train or a flight to your next destination, or you can also return the car in another location/city if you wish.
This trip promises to be a memorable one!
Loire Cooking Workshop
Spend a late afternoon with Valérie who trained in gastronomic restaurants. You will prepare a main course and a dessert, then you'll enjoy a savory dinner with your hosts.
Biking day in the castle's country
Spend a day on an Electric Bike at your own pace and discover many castles nestled in the nature. Enjoy a nice picnic with wine. We have tested several itineraries so you can chose depending on your mood and what you would like to see.
Tour a St Emilion Winery
Visit a wine estate near St Emilion with a private English speaking guide. After the tour, you will enjoy a picnic lunch together with a tasting of different wines from the estate.