Travel through three of the most fascinating regions in France. Let your friendly hosts introduce you to the French "sweet life" in their charming B&Bs.
based on double occupancy.
Step by step
The Loire Valley
- If you start from Paris, drive 3 hours to the Loire Valley where you will spend the first 4 nights of your journey in a lively historical town. Your B&B is right at the foot of the medieval fortress where Joan of Arc met her future King of France. From this B&B, you will enjoy walking to the restaurants and wine bars or having a romantic picnic on the river banks.
- You will visit some of the LoireValley's famous castles such as Chambord or Chenonceau but we will also take you to hidden beauties you would not find on your own. You will wander off the beaten path into tiny villages dotted along the Vienne and Loire rivers and get a taste of French gastronomy in restaurants and local markets that we have tested for you.
- Discover the vineyards of the Loire Valley with Vincent, a real passionate who will take you, like a friend would, to several wineries and have you love the Touraine terroirs and its winemakers. Taste very different wines: red, whites, still or sparkling . . . No worries, Vincent will safely drive you back to your B&B.
- Carry on your tour in Bordeaux city for 3 nights, in a typical house in the very heart of Bordeaux Unesco city. You will be welcomed by a family, in a peaceful atmosphere.
- Built along the banks of the Garonne river, the opulent merchants' homes are very specific to Bordeaux. The rise of colonial trade together with the growth of the wine industry contributed to Gironde’s amazing expansion during the 18th century. You will find everything: from villages nestled in the Medoc or St Emilion vineyards, to the bustling night life in Bordeaux. Also, bear in mind that Bordeaux's Sainte Catherine Street is the longest shopping street in Europe!
- At a famous wine estate, we have planned a special tour for you: after visiting the estate from the vineyards to the cellars, learning about the different grape varieties and wine-making process, you will play the sorcerer's apprentice and make your own Bordeaux wine (your own blend). You'll see that it's not that easy!
- Drive about 2hr30 and continue your sightseeing expedition in the Dordogne. In Black Perigord, you will stay in an old stone Perigord style house for 5 nights. One afternoon, you will enjoy a nice cooking workshop with your hosts - followed by a mouth-watering dinner shared with Nat & her husband and fellow travelers. You are very close to Sarlat and the prehistoric caves and we will be happy to recommend some intimate visits for you, in 20,000 year old caves. If you are interested in history or if you are a JM Auel reader, these are a must!
- Visit the old city of Sarlat and feel the buzz of activity on market days. We'll also tell you where to find the most typical goat cheeses - and if you like outdoor activities, you'll be in paradise.
- You will jump into the Middle Ages with fortresses hanging on cliffs all along the Dordogne river - one of the most famous castles of the area is only a 30 minute walk from your B&B. Also, 4 of the "most beautiful villages of France" are within a 4 mile drive.
- On your last day, you can return the car in Brive airport, Bordeaux train station or airport . . . or drive to your next destination.
Here life is truly "sweet".
Wine Tasting Tour
Spend a half-day wine tasting with a professional. He will take you to several cellars so you can enjoy the diversity of the Loire Valley wines.
Bordeaux Wine tasting & blending
Visit a Medoc wine estate with an English speaking guide: from the vineyards to the wine storehouses. After the tour, you'll make your own blend with different varieties.
Cooking Class & Dinner
Spend a late afternoon with your hosts preparing local dishes from the Dordogne region. Then you'll enjoy a convivial and savory dinner with your hosts.