From the colors and fragrances of the South-East of France, to the beautiful monuments, restaurants and concerts in Paris, this trip will awaken all your senses.
based on double occupancy.
Step by step
The French Riviera
- We recommend to our travelers to fly into Nice International airport (which is not necessarily more expensive than Paris and will save time and energy). You will pick up your rental car at the airport.
- For you to enjoy the seaside, we plan for you to stay for 4 nights in a lovely Bed & Breakfast located right in the beating heart of Nice, in a impressive home which was restored very recently with a lot of taste and art by your lovely hosts. Your room opens onto the garden and you will walk everywhere in Nice. The famous Promenade des Anglais and the beach are less than a 10 min walk away and you are very central to drive along the French Riviera from Menton, to Monaco and Cannes.
- Enjoy a peaceful atmosphere while playing Petanque or having a drink of pastis at a table at an outdoor cafe, typical southern French activities.
- In one of the most famous perfume houses, be introduced to perfume making technics and make your own fragrance - which you will keep as a great souvenir!
- In the Riviera hinterland, you will have the opportunity to discover some of the most beautiful handicrafts in France, particularly ceramics, sculptures and paintings. For art lovers, the many art museums of Nice and its surroundings will amaze you with masterpieces by Chagall, Matisse and Picasso.
- But the Riviera is even more than all of the above. The “Cote d’Azur” is a marvel of fabulous 19th century villas and sapphire water coves. Wander about the narrow alleyways of the old city of Nice and visit the many famous art museums. Go shopping or enjoy views of the Mediterranean in seaside restaurants from Monte Carlo to Antibes.
- On the 5th day, settle in your central base camp to explore Provence. Stay for 5 nights in a welcoming Provencal stone house, a former convent, perfectly located between Avignon and the Luberon. You will stay in a large room and at night, relax in the garden, by the pool or meeting with fellow travelers around the barbecue, with a glass of wine.
- So many things to see in less than an hour's drive from your B&B: beautiful Avignon, also referred to as “the City of Popes”, where you will visit the Palace of the Popes, the well-preserved ramparts and the old city with a private guide.
- You will enjoy hilltop villages on market day, walking in the footsteps of famous painters such as Cézanne or Picasso. We will also tell you about some hidden jewels, off the beaten track, where you will stroll around charming streets or have a drink at a provencal café with locals. We can also recommend a farmer’s market and wine cellar for each day of the week!
- If you are interested in history, don’t miss the Roman ruins at Arles, Orange and the Pont du Gard. We will also take you to smaller sites – less famous and much quieter.
- Explore a family-owned olive oil mill, with one of the daughters. She will explain olive oil farming from the tree to the bottle. Then you will enjoy a crash course on cooking some olive oil dishes. A very Provençal experience !
Ah Paris !
- On the 10th day, return the car at Avignon's train station and take a TGV high speed train to downtown Paris.
- End your trip living the Parisian life for 3 nights. Comfortably accommodated in a charming boutique-hotel in the heart of the Latin Quarter, you will discover the French capital city’s must sees and hidden beauties.
- Being based 10 minute walk to Notre Dame Cathedral, you can explore Paris by foot, by boat or using public transportation with different and unique itineraries we have prepared for you. We also recommend our favorite restaurants and boulangeries in different districts of the city so you’ll know where to take a break. One night, you will enjoy a high quality and quite private classical music concert in a very little church - away from the crowds. A unique night in Paris that only the locals know about, which we hope will create a great memory.
You will enjoy the diversity of France!
Riviera Perfume Workshop
In one of the most famous perfume houses, be introduced to the perfume making technics and make your own fragrance - which you will keep as a great souvenir!
Private Guided Tour to Avignon
Enjoy a half-day with a local guide to discover Avignon town and stroll the Palace of the Popes. A perfect way to be introduced to Provence history & culture.
Olive Oil Experience in the Alpilles
Explore a family owned olive oil mill, with one of the daughters. She will explain the olive oil farming from the tree to the bottle. Then you will enjoy a crash course on cooking some olive oil dishes. A very Provençal experience !
Classical Music Concert in Paris
Enjoy listening to a classical music concert in one of the oldest Churches in Paris. It will be a great evening!