From the Loire Valley castles, the famous village of Mont Saint Michel surrounded by water, the landings beaches and the Norman countryside . . . to end the trip at Monet’s house and gardens in Giverny: you’ll have to keep your eyes wide open!
based on double occupancy.
Step by step
The Loire Valley
- You can pick up the rental car in Paris or at the airport and drive 3 hours to the gorgeous Loire Valley. This region and its people will welcome you with its renowned "sweet life", its Renaissance castles and gardens, and its famous gastronomy and wines.
- You will stay for 3 nights in a very pleasant family house which is located half-way between Blois and Amboise, in the heart of the "castle country." Also, a Michelin 2-star restaurant is only 1.5 miles away . . . a great opportunity to plan for an extraordinary dinner !
- From here, explore all the marvels of the Loire Valley: the castles of Chambord, Chenonceau or Azay-le-Rideau, and the old historical towns of Chinon and Amboise.
- Discover the vineyards of the Loire Valley with Vincent who has worked in wine-making for the past 10 years and will take you to his favorite wineries in the area. You will have the opportunity to taste very different wines: red, whites, still or sparkling. You will be able to taste to your heart's delight - Vincent will drive you back to your B&B safely.
Private Mont Saint Michel
- On your way to Normandy, stop over for 2 nights near the Mont Saint Michel: this ancient beautiful abbey sits on top of a tidal island in the middle of Mont Saint Michel Bay. A true wonder!
- You'll spend the next two nights in a former presbytery from the 18th century, located half-way between the famous village of Mont Saint Michel and the lovely port of Saint Malo. One night, enjoy a delicious dinner prepared by your host, who is also a chef.
- For you to avoid the "up and down walk" on the crowded street on Mont Saint Michel, you'll follow a local English speaking private guide who will help you discover this amazing village, off the beaten path.
Normandy : D Day Landing area
- Located 2 miles from Bayeux, your third Bed & Breakfast is a 19th century manor. You will be warmly welcomed by your hosts and stay in one of their suite-rooms. You will experience a local custom called the “trou normand”, having a glass of Calvados (apple brandy) between the starter and the main course. It is meant to renew your appetite to make sure you finish the whole dinner!
- Spend 2 nights there and jump into the local history: from William the Conqueror in the 11th century whose adventures are illustrated in the Bayeux tapestry, to the Battle of Normandy in 1944.
- Many remains of the WWII landings are still visible everywhere and you can quickly access Omaha and Juno landing beaches as well as the artificial port of Arromanches or the Caen Memorial.
- You will spend a morning with Brigitte, who will teach you how to make a real norman meal. Then you'll enjoy lunch in her welcoming dining room or on the terrace.
Giverny : Monet's town
- Your journey ends in Giverny, 1 hour drive to Paris-CDG airport. This tiny unchanged village takes you back to the 19th century when the great painter Claude Monet created a new art movement: impressionism.
- Monet's gardens are beautifully maintained, exactly as they were when Monet painted them. We include in this itinerary a cut-the-line ticket that enables you to avoid the wait at Monet’s house and gardens.
- In Giverny, we have planned for a 2-night stay in a gorgeous mansion, 2 miles from Giverny town, in the orchards. This will give you enough time to follow Valerie's advice and discover the Seine Valley, Les Andelys and maybe even Versailles at your own pace.
You’ll get a bit of everything you’ll be looking for in France: culture, scenic roads, lovely towns, gastronomy & history!
Wine Tasting Tour
Spend a half-day wine tasting with a professional. He will take you to several cellars so you can enjoy the diversity of the Loire Valley wines.
Mont Saint Michel Private Tour
Discover this unique village and its Abbey with a local guide who will explain you about its history and traditions. She will take you to many small streets to see places that tourist usually don't see.
Norman cooking Class
Spend a morning with Brigitte who will teach you how to make a real norman meal. Then you'll enjoy the lunch in her welcoming dining room or in the terrace.
Monet's House & Garden
Avoid wasting time standing in line, use the by-pass line to visit the house of Monet and its famous gardens. Follow in the footsteps of this painter and the American Impressionists in the small town of Giverny.