Experience medieval France in three of the richest heritage regions in the South of France.
based on double occupancy.
Step by step
- In Black Perigord, you will stay in a restored stone house for 4 nights, nestled between the woods and the Dordogne river, perfectly located to explore the area. Your lovely hostess will open her home to you - which is filled with personal touches (artwork, books, photographies).
- You are very close to Sarlat and the prehistoric caves and we will be happy to recommend some intimate visits for you, in 20,000 year old caves. If you are interested in history or if you are a JM Auel reader, these are a must!
- Visit the old city of Sarlat and feel the buzz of activity on market days. We'll also tell you where to find the most typical goat cheeses - and if you like outdoor activities, you'll be in paradise.
- Canoe down the Dordogne river and enjoy the gorgeous views over the cliff hanging middleages castles along the way. Also, one of the most famous castles of the area is only a 30 minute walk from your B&B. And four of the "most beautiful villages of France" are within a 4 mile drive.
Carcassonne & the Cathar Country
- Carcassonne and the Cathar country are the perfect stop over on the way to Provence. Carcassonne's medieval “Cité” will amaze you by its size and conservation. You will reside in a cozy B&B in the lively Bastide neighborhood, within walking distance to all sightseeing and restaurants – but away from the tourist crowds.
- In the Cathar country, walkers/hikers will be rewarded with breath taking landscapes and fortresses such as Quéribus or Perpeytuse. History lovers will be intrigued by the Cathar history. Wine lovers may be surprised by the quality of the “Minervois” wines which have improved a lot in the past 10 years. They are now on the wine lists of some of the most famous restaurants in the world.
- On the 9th day, you will drive about 2hr30, along the Mediterranean Sea, to get to Provence.
- You will spend the last 5 nights in a typical Provencal stone house, perfectly located to explore Avignon and Isle sur la Sorgue (famous for its antiques). Your hostess and her family will welcome you warmly and give you hints and tips about the surrounding area. You will stay in a very comfortable room equipped with a small kitchenette if you wish to have a light dinner in the rose garden.
- So many things to see in less than an hour's drive from your B&B: beautiful Avignon, also referred to as “the City of Popes”, where you can visit the Palace of the Popes, the well-preserved ramparts and the famous “Avignon Bridge”. Enjoy hilltop villages on market day, and walk in the footsteps of famous painters such as Cézanne or Picasso. We will also tell you about some hidden jewels - off the beaten track villages where you will stroll around charming streets or have a drink at a provençal café with locals. We can also recommend a farmer’s market and wine cellar for each day of the week!
- Trave Vincent Van Gogh's footsteps with a private guide in Arles. Your guide will also take you to the Roman theater and amphitheater - a great introduction to Provence history & art !
- If you are interested in history, don’t miss the Roman ruins at Arles, Orange and the Pont du Gard. We will also take you to smaller sites – less famous and much quieter.
- Explore a family owned olive oil mill in the slopes of Luberon, with breathtaking views. In a private tour, you will be explained the whole olive oil farming process from the tree to the bottle.
- Discover quaint villages of the Luberon, riding an electric bike. You will have several itinerary options, from easy to more sporty, for you to explore hidden hamlets, chapels in the vineyards, wineries, road-trails in the olive trees and evergreen oaks. A great day, at your own pace.
- You may return the car in Marseille, Avignon, Aix or the location which will suit you best.
This is a perfect highlight of Southern France for history and gastronomy lovers.
Canoe Down the Dordogne River
Go down the Dordogne river at your own pace in a canoe...we have selected the best section for you to see several castles standing guard high above you!
E-Biking Day in Provence
Spend a day in the Luberon gorgeous landscapes driving an electric bike. Several itinerary options for you to enjoy biking at your own pace.
Arles Guided Tour
Walk on Vincent Van Gogh footsteps with a private guide in Arles. Your guide will also take you to the Roman theater and amphitheater. A great introduction to Provence history & art !
Olive Oil Farm in Luberon
Explore a family owned olive oil mill in the slopes of Luberon, with breathtaking views. In a private tour, you will be explained the whole olive oil farming process from the tree to the bottle.