This day is crafted for gourmet travelers only. Get acquainted with Provence gastronomy and gorgeous landscapes.
How to Get There
This day tour starts in Avignon, Provence and requires for travelers to have car.
From Paris, you can take a high-speed train to Avignon (about 3hrs).
based on double occupancy.
Step by step
Avignon Food Tour
- Your day will start from Avignon – capital city of Provence. In the morning, you will enjoy a special tour of this amazing city, with a lady who was born and raised there.
- She will take you to Avignon small food shops and have you taste Provence food specialties. This is a great introduction to this area.
- You will also stroll some of the most typical streets of Avignon Popes City.
Scenic Road in Luberon
- Then, you will head to Luberon, where you will visit several little villages, at your own pace. We will provide all necessary information: scenic roads, maps, restaurants and shops.
- We will take you to very small towns which you will not find in travel books.
Provence Cooking Class & Dinner
- At 3pm, you will meet with a Chef at his home.
- He will introduce you to Provence cuisine and have you prepare a 3 course meal based on your wishes.
- It may include some specialties such as Bouillabaisse fish soup, ratatouille, tapenade, etc.
- After the cooking, you will enjoy dinner at the Chef.
After that, Provence gastronomy won’t have any secret to you!
This Day Tour includes:
- An English Guided Food Tour in Avignon city of about 3hrs
- Detailed maps and information to tour the Luberon villages on your own
- A 3-course-cooking class at a local Chef, including dinner with a bottle of Provence wine.
It Does not Include:
- Transportation - you need to have your own car